Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

What I Love About Being a DS Mom #29

It's Always an Adventure


The name of this blog, "The Adventures of Ty the Toddler", wasn't chosen for its cuteness factor, or to catch attention.  It was chosen, because it 100% exemplifies life with Ty. 

When I walk into his room each morning, I never quite know the course our day will take.  (If I'm greeted by a cranky teething toddler, I can make an educated guess, however!)  But no two days are ever the same.  Yes, we may get stuck in a rut of reading the same books, and playing with the same toys each week, but it's how Ty approaches his days that keeps life interesting.  The monotonous task of folding the laundry can turn into a thirty minute giggle-fest, as he buries himself in the piles.  A trip down the hallway for a diaper change nearly always ends in an unofficial game of hide-and-seek as Ty escapes into a room and shuts the door behind him.  The way he explores, it's almost as if Ty is on this continuous adventure, that we are not entirely aware of.

This is one quality about Ty that I hope he carries with him as he grows older.  Children often lose their adventurous spirits as they become aware of their peers, and strive to "fit in".  I'd be lying if I said I don't care whether Ty "fits in" or not as he grows up, because I do; I pray he finds his niche somewhere, with someone, where he feels accepted.  But I want him to take risks, too.  I want him to explore what his world has to offer, and break the rules once in a while.  That's what boys do, right?! 

So here's to Ty, my little adventurer, who always keeps me on my toes!


No comments:

Post a Comment