Those Gorgeous Blues
One of the first things that you notice about Ty when you meet him, is his eyes. He has the most beautiful, large, blue eyes that give away his emotions before the rest of his face can. They are the first features that I noticed on his tiny face when he was born, and are the first thing I see peeking over the crib every morning. They are gorgeous.
When Ty was born, I remember being mezmerized by the little eyes that stared back at me, studying my face like he knew exactly who I was. The color of his eyes barely looked real, as they were a vibrant sapphire-blue that I have yet to see on another person. They were framed with long, dark lashes, and just sparkled with life and personality.
What truly sets Ty's eyes apart though, is their large almond shape...one of his many gorgeous features that comes with having Down Syndrome. His eyes are perfectly round, like little marbles, in a way that show off the color, speckled with those tiny brushfield spots. At the outer corners, they narrow and turn upward ever so slightly. They are so unique, and have become a part of who he is.
Ty's eyes convey every emotion that he is feeling, and every thought that runs through his head. Every afternoon, I go to greet Ty after his nap, and am welcomed by those little peepers looking over the top of the crib. Before I even see the rest of the face, I can tell that he is smiling. His eyes literally sparkle when he smiles, bringing new meaning to the term "smiles with his whole body". And when Ty is hurt, his eyes give away his pain, even when he is trying to fight the tears. The process of learning to walk naturally comes with many, many, many falls. On those occasions when he falls harder than intended, those blues first go wide, and then scrunch down to nothing before he lets out a wail.
My absolute favorite though, is his "I love you" eyes. Once in a while, Ty wakes up a little earlier than usual from his nap, and just can't fall back asleep. On these days, my wiggle-worm of a boy allows me to hold him in the rocking chair and snuggle. As he curls up on my lap, he stares up at me and gives me the slightest smile, melting my heart to nothing.
Ty's eyes are vibrant, piercing, and energetic...just like my boy. They are one pair of gorgeous blues!
Ty's eyes convey every emotion that he is feeling, and every thought that runs through his head. Every afternoon, I go to greet Ty after his nap, and am welcomed by those little peepers looking over the top of the crib. Before I even see the rest of the face, I can tell that he is smiling. His eyes literally sparkle when he smiles, bringing new meaning to the term "smiles with his whole body". And when Ty is hurt, his eyes give away his pain, even when he is trying to fight the tears. The process of learning to walk naturally comes with many, many, many falls. On those occasions when he falls harder than intended, those blues first go wide, and then scrunch down to nothing before he lets out a wail.

No comments:
Post a Comment