October is Down Syndrome Awareness Month. For the first few years of Ty's life I participated in the "31 for 21 challenge", writing a daily blog post for the 31 days of October to celebrate our guy and raise awareness for Down syndrome. Last year was the first year I bailed; between being in grad school full time and going back to work as a teacher for the first time in two years, I didn't have a second to spare that wasn't dedicated to one of my full time jobs as a mom, wife, teacher, or student! This year, however, I'm back and ready to take on the challenge again - though being 38 weeks pregnant at the moment may put a wrench into my 31-day plan!!! Instead I'll accept the challenge to commit to posting as many days as I can - however many that turns out to be, I will still consider it to be a success! :)
That being said, as I'm sitting here trying to come up with 31 days worth of Down syndrome-related topics to write about I'm drawing a blank! Nearly 5 years into this journey, I'm not sure there's much more I can write about Down syndrome that our friends and families haven't already heard (probably more than once!). Instead, I am deciding to dedicate this month to Ty (okay, and probably his baby sister who will share his special month!). My ideas for Down syndrome topics are limited, but when it comes to my oldest little peanut, I can definitely write for days and days!
So there you go - Day 1 of the challenge complete! My goal is set and I'm ready to go! Stay tuned for Day 2...
 |
| Surprise! Down Syndrome Awareness Month is here!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment