Exactly two years ago, at 8:22am, you came into our lives on the calmest, most perfect morning. As the sun came up and peeked into our wall of windows, we got to meet our second miracle. You snuggled right up against your Momma, which is where you still love to be two years later.
You are such a momma's-boy! At this moment in time my kisses heal all of your boo-boos, I am the only one allowed to put you to sleep at night, and I definitely make you the best jelly sandwiches with milk. I am very much aware that these days are going to eventually fade away and Mommy will no longer be the center of your universe, so for right now I am loving every snuggle and every minute that your little hand wraps around my finger to parade me around the house or the yard.

For being such a momma's-boy though, you are incredibly adventurous and many times a day make my heart skip a beat as you test your boundaries. If something has the potential to be climbed, you will be the first one to the top. As you stretch to the top you love to yell, "Look! I'm climbin' a mountain!" Sometimes you think it's funny to jump down too, though Mommy and Daddy don't always think so! Your legs may look like rotten bananas, and you always have at least one bruise on your face somewhere, but you never let that stop you from trying something new and pushing your limits!
Lastly, you are hands-down the funniest almost two year old I know! The lines that come out of your little mouth belong in a movie. For example, this week when I told you your friend (who happens to be two months older and taller than you) would be coming over to swim with you, you told me, "No Mommy, I don't want to swim with ___, he's too small!" You also chose not to play with a plastic lion with your barn today because, "Lions are too scaarrryy for barns!" Where you come up with these things, I have no idea, but you definitely know how to put smiles on our faces on a daily basis!
So, our little monster, we wish you another year of happiness, new discoveries, and lots of laughs as you make your way through the "terrible 2s" (though if you decide to take a path of your own instead of that one, I won't be disappointed!). We can't wait to see what new adventures your third year will bring! Happy Birthday, peanut!!!
Love, Mom & Dad
No comments:
Post a Comment