Speaking of becoming a mom, it's hit me recently that my days as a mom of two are very quickly coming to an end! I remember feeling this same way in the last weeks before Brady was born, a little sad that the routines and "rituals" that had become so familiar with my Ty were going to change as we learned to split our time and attention between two little guys instead. Of course, as soon as Brady arrived we naturally adjusted and have created new routines and "rituals" that I can't imagine any other way! So as the clock ticks away before baby girl gets here, I've been trying to soak up every minute snuggling with both boys on the couch every night before bed, and singing to Brady before he falls asleep, because I know these familiar routines will be changing once again. (Though for the life of me, I can't figure out how you snuggle with THREE babies on a couch at the same time, or how Eric and I can corral THREE kids into their beds at bedtime, or how grocery shopping will ever happen again in the next several years...but that's a post for another day!)

So in the spirit of enjoying being a mom of all boys for the very last time, here are some pictures of our last adventures as a family of four!
 |
| Brady loved ripping the apples off of the tree... |
 |
| ...but had way more fun picking them up off of the ground. We paid a pretty penny for some rotting, bruised apples, thanks to my star apple-picker! :) |
 |
| Ty, on the other hand, has a future after-school job as an apple-picker at Mack's. He learned to choose only the biggest ones, and twist them carefully before putting them in his bucket. That's my boy! |
 |
| Of course, throwing them into the bucket super hard is the most fun part of all! |
 |
The boys, right before discovering a big animal hole in the ground behind them - the perfect target for throwing apples into!
|
These pictures next year will be sprinkled with a little pink on the side - can't wait! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment