Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Weekend Recap

I promised to post some new pictures today, so I figured an update would be appropriate as well! 


His new "funny face" that he makes, and laughs about, probably 30 times a day!

We had a nice 3-day weekend, which was filled with exploring the house, family, and making messes!  Ty's new-found independence keeps me on my toes constantly these days.  In turn, I have a new-found appreciation for baby gates and safety latches!  Ty and I had a quieter day at home together on Friday, as we did PT in the morning, and I got some cleaning done around the house.  One of Ty's new favorite activities is "helping" to load and unload the dishwasher, which involves him climbing on top of the open door and pulling plates off of the rack.  Surprisingly, this has been the ultimate motivator to get him to crawl on his hands and knees finally


Ty and his "I can do it myself!" attitude...I wonder where he gets it?!?!
       
On Saturday, we had a visit from Ty's Lala and Poppi (Eric's parents), as they brought us Eric's Grandma's hutch, to go with her dining room table that we also have.  I absolutely love it.  It has a little family history, and that antiquey-wood smell.  Plus, I finally have a place to store my china that I swear I'll use someday! :)
We had a nice afternoon of playing and shopping, and then we went out to a wonderful kid-free dinner while Ty's Nanny kept him company.  Thanks to everyone for all the help that day!


Our new hutch!

And today was just another lazy day.  Ty spent a good part of the morning crawling from room to room, hitting objects with his hockey stick, and pulling up to stand wherever he could.  This boy spends 75% of his time on his feet now, but rarely walks by himself.  He's more than ready to walk...I'm just waiting for the day when he has the confidence to let go and take off!  


Playing with his noise machine is one of his guilty pleasures!


Licking his bowl clean...after his fork could no longer scrape the mashed potatoes off the bowl, he resorted to the next best thing...his tongue!
   
Clearly, our "lazy" weekends are never lazy with this little guy!  Always an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment