Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Halloween Fun

We celebrated Halloween today...yes on November 6th...see "Winter Preview" post below! :-)  Celebrating Halloween a week late has its benefits though.  We bought nearly 300 pieces of candy, 40 goodie bags, and a candy bowl for less than $10...thank you Walmart clearance aisle!!!  

Luckily, we saved our pumpkin that Ty's Nanny grew in her garden, and carved our jack-o-lantern in the afternoon.  Last year, Ty was only 7 months old, and sat on the sidelines while we carved pumpkins.  This year, he was able to sit at the table and join in the action.  He was not a fan of the pumpkin "guts" that we passed his way, but he quickly made a game out of throwing them on the floor.


He was much more interested in the actual finished product.  Sticking his fingers in people's noses and mouths is a recent favorite activity, so he had no trouble exploring the holes in the pumpkin's face!




Right before trick-or-treating began, he dressed up in his puppy costume and managed not to throw a fit while I tried to take some pictures!  Again, I was thinking back to last year when he could not yet sit, and I had to prop him against an ottoman to take a picture of him in his costume.  It's amazing what a difference a year makes!



We only trick-or-treated at 3 houses (his Nanny's, Grandpa's, and old babysitter's houses), but it was plenty!  He was more than happy to whip off the costume and play with our leftover candy instead!


I imagine next year will be much more action-packed, as we chase a 2 1/2 year old up the street, and try to keep the candy out of his mouth!  This year, I just got to enjoy watching him become aware of the holiday for the first time, and that was a lot of fun for me.  Happy belated Halloween!  

No comments:

Post a Comment