El-Fo
I'm not sure anyone loves Elmo more than Ty at the moment! First of all, I need to get the name straight. To Ty, Elmo is fondly referred to as "el-fo", pronounced with a short little pause between the two syllables. And man, does he adore that "el-fo"!
| A preview of his Halloween costume. I think the only thing better than liking Elmo is actually being Elmo! |
I always wondered when he would start to recognize television characters, and develop favorites. He started off as a Thomas the Tank Engine fan (who he still gets very excited to see), but the moment he laid eyes on that furry red guy, Ty was hooked.
Ty first got to know "el-fo" through his Elmo's World dvds, where "el-fo" taught him about all sorts of things. Every time "el-fo" came on the screen, Ty would point and turn to me to announce that "el-fo" was in the room! I'm pretty sure we all know every one of those episodes by heart now (including Ty!)
Then the "el-fo" doll made its way into our lives. When Brady was born, Ty spent the weekend with his Nanny and Papa who spoiled him rotten :) , and bought Ty his very own live "el-fo". I have never seen Ty prouder to have a toy! He carries him around by the eyeball (yes, always the eyeball, never the arm or leg), and gives "el-fo" big hugs before he tosses him, and gives him a ride to the floor. For a toddler boy with a 20-second long attention span, he really gives his own "el-fo" lots of love and attention!
| Playing on the ipad with his el-fo doll! |
I do have to thank that "el-fo" for teaching Ty several new skills, too. Just recently, I realized that Ty could read numbers up to 5 and hand me one of something if I asked for "just 1", which he could have only learned from "el-fo's" counting segment on his show. Ty has also become much more interested in skills like brushing teeth and using the potty, thanks to "el-fo's" influence! Most of all though, I have "el-fo" to thank for teaching Ty some sweet dance moves. (To anyone who has never watched Elmo's World, "el-fo" can hold his own on the dance floor!)
I'm not sure how long "el-fo" will be in our lives, or who he will be replaced by as Ty's interests expand, but I have to admit I am enjoying having the little red monster in our lives!
Yay for Ty and El-Fo! We loved Mr. Noodle too.
ReplyDelete