If you know me even a little bit, you are well aware of my slightly obsessive habit of planning in advance. So of course, once the summer started to wind down, my mind began thinking of how I would spend my 31 days of blogging. I can't just "wing it" (especially with a new little bugger in the house now)...you would be reading nothing worthwhile at all, and that really wouldn't honor the little 2 1/2 year old guy who all of this writing is for.
So after tossing a few ideas around, I decided to adopt the theme,
Life With Ty
simple, to the point, with all of my favorite moments and memories of Ty's short little life so far. Some are Down Syndrome related, most are not, but they all stick out in my mind as funny, memorable, or just plain typical moments in his life. I think a lot of times people expect raising a child with Down Syndrome to be different. Some think it's harder than raising a "typical" child, or that your life is somehow different than it would have been if your child didn't have Down Syndrome. I'd say that's most definitely not true, and I'm on a mission to prove it! :)
Every day is an adventure with our Ty-guy, and I'm looking forward to giving a sneak peek into our life that includes Down Syndrome.
Happy Down Syndrome Awareness Month!!!

Can't wait to get to know Ty!
ReplyDeleteHi! I'm Ty, too!
ReplyDeleteIs your Ty short for something? Mine is short for Tysen. Love getting a sneak peek into your little dude's life...keep 'em coming!
www.tysadventures.wordpress.com
Nope, he's just Ty! We seriously considered Tyson or Tyler, but decided just to name him what we wanted to call him! :) I have to go check out your little Ty-guy now!!! :)
Delete