Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Spring Happenings

I haven't written an update lately, so I figured I'd share the bits and pieces of our spring all in one post!

First of all, I get to write this from my NEW laptop!  I can't even tell you how much easier it is to type with keys that don't stick, a screen that doesn't freeze, and an internet connection that doesn't cut out, forcing me to restart my post all over again.  It's the little things that make life just that much smoother!

In the last week, spring has arrived in full force, including warmer weather and sunny days (on the weekends at least)!  We spent this past weekend lounging around the house, and enjoying our backyard!  Ty had a blast playing in his water table and on his swingset.  I'll tell ya, a water table plus a sandbox makes for some very interesting laundry!  I'm still sweeping up tiny piles of sand that have fallen out of Ty's sandals all over the house!









We also celebrated a small victory in Ty's life...transitioning to a toddler bed!  Originally, we had planned to make the transition to a brand new toddler bed so Ty could pass his crib down to his baby brother.  Honestly though, the idea of a toddler bed with only 18 inches of railing on the side scared me...I had visions of my overly active sleeper flinging himself off of the bed hourly throughout the night!  We decided to convert his existing crib (which it was meant to do) into a toddler bed by removing the front panel and adding a toddler bed guardrail.  This way he can still have his same bed, same bumper, same everything...with a little more freedom.  And boy does he love it!!!  On the first night, he slept like he always does, and popped out of bed at his regular time, knocking on his bedroom door to be let out.  The second night, I found him asleep on the floor next to his bed (though I swear I didn't hear him fall or even wake up for that matter!), which was odd, but still a successful night!  Tonight is our third...let's hope it's as good as the first two!


And I of course can't leave out the other new little boy in my life, "Baby Boy"!  He is now 26 weeks into his journey, and seems to be growing strong and healthy!  At this stage, he is approximately 2 pounds and somewhere from 12-15 inches long.  He can now dream in his sleep, hear everything that's happening on the outside, and he has more tastebuds now than he'll have when he's born!  (I love my daily pregnancy fact calendar!)  Having two baby boys to compare now, I can say that this one is much more active than Ty was!  Where Ty gave me sharp, direct kicks, this little guy seems to be rocking and rolling his entire body the majority of the day (and night)!  Several times a night I am woken up by my entire belly shaking from side to side like a jello mold.  He seems to be very much a night owl, though he does get excited every time I eat!  We're getting excited to meet this little guy in 3 short months!

25 Weeks (my 26 week picture isn't blog-worthy!)


Last but not least, we are walking in the NSTAR Walk for Boston Children's Hospital on Team Down Syndrome in a few weeks.  All of the money we raise is going toward the Down Syndrome Program that Ty attends.  It will be used to fund DS-specific research, provide materials for new parents, host expert speakers on DS-related topics, hire new professionals for the clinic such as an educator, and the list goes on, and on, and on!  I promise, not one penny will be wasted in this program!  We have the privilage to see (and benefit from!) each and every project that is funded through this walk, and it's amazing at what they are able to accomplish from this one fundraiser!  If you haven't seen it, here's Ty's walk page, explaining a little more about why we are walking!  And a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who has supported us so far!!!

Ty's Walk Page - http://howtohelp.childrenshospital.org/walk/page/MT0169.htm


Well, that just about wraps up life around here!  We have four more weeks left of school until all 3 of us are home together for the summer.  I'm not sure who is more excited...Eric to have a break from work, or Ty to have "dada" around all the time!!!  It'll be a good one for sure!  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment