This was my very first Mother's Day. Ty was barely two months old, and we were still living in Virginia at the time. This is also my favorite picture of the bunch! Ty's expression says it all..."put down the camera, feed me, and let me take a nap!!!" Isn't that how the first few months with a new baby go?! Ty may not have been happy to pose with me, but that's one proud new Momma!
Last year, we celebrated my second Mother's Day at our new home in New Hampshire. I distinctly remember taking this picture, too. For whatever reason, I woke up with Ty last year, and we were being silly in the playroom in our jammies early that morning. I also notice the toys in the background that we were playing with...stacking rings and a toy phone. It makes me realize how much he's grown up; those one-year-old toys have been traded in for ipad apps, race cars, and sports equipment. Where does the time go!?
And today marks my third Mother's Day with my little man (and 2/3 of my second little guy!) This year was a little more mellow, though. As you can see, Ty's eyes are half-swollen with pink-eye, and his nose is running from a week-long cold. He also got his first little sunburn on his arms today, from the 15 minutes he spent in the backyard! You can probably imagine the mood he's been all day, and the exhausted parents who have been desperately trying to distract him from being miserable! I guess that's life parenting a constantly on-the-go two year old, though - trying to keep up with his two-minute attention span, and always keeping his mind busy!
Next year will be a whole new story! I'll have one boy in each arm - the proud Momma of two beautiful babes! I can only imagine where we'll be at that point in time, and how our lives will have changed in just 365 short days.
Happy Mother's Day to our amazing mothers and grandmother, and all of my wonderful mom-friends, who try so hard to be the best mothers they can be each and every day!
Happy late Mother's Day! I can say one thing about all 3 of those pics...it is one proud, beautiful momma! Can't wait to see next year's!
ReplyDelete