Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Baby #2 In the Spotlight

I've been meaning to sit down and give an update on baby #2 for weeks now, and haven't had the chance. So here it is!

First news...baby # 2 is a BOY!!! I'll admit, we've actually known with fair certainty that he is a boy since our 12 week ultrasound. As tiny as he was then, technology is amazing, and there was no doubting he was all boy when our ultrasound technician showed us the "gender shot"! She was about 90% sure it was a boy, but had the decency to advise us not to buy anything just yet!!! So for the past two months I've had a little fun listening to everyone tell me they were SURE I was having girl, knowing darn well we are not! :) We are SO thrilled though. My visions of motherhood have always included a litter of messy, loud little boys running around, so my dreams are becoming reality! Plus, pulling out all of Ty's newborn clothes (some still with tags!) is a blast! Baby Boy most definitely has a name, but we have decided to keep it a secret until his arrival. We love his name, it suits his little personality that I'm starting to notice, and only want others to know once it's written on a birth certificate and cannot be influenced otherwise! :) (I really hope I don't slip!!!) So for the next 20 weeks, feel free to refer to him as "baby boy"!

More importantly...baby boy looks HEALTHY!!! I don't think either of us realized how nervous we were to re-live the medical scares that we endured with Ty, until the moment of truth on that exam table!!! All of his organs and systems appear to be developing normally, however. Our ultrasound tech was incredibly thorough in her measurements, and in addition to being healthy, he is growing on track (actually a little ahead of schedule), so my fears of bed rest due to poor blood flow were eased as well!!! It was a huge weight lifted off of our shoulders. I could handle another Down syndrome diagnosis pretty easily, but if we had to face the critical medical complications that Ty was suspected to have, I'm not sure where I'd find the energy to face them!!! So all is well, and we do not need any further tests or ultrasounds for the remainder of the pregnancy...that's new territory!!! Big focus now is the nursery...easy peasy! :)
So all in all things are great. I'm still feeling great (minus the occasional growth spurt that baby boy has, where I feel like I did a serious ab workout for a few days)! His little kicks are finally starting to surface, which is my favorite part of pregnancy! Up to this point his movements have mainly been somersaults, so it's nice to feel a tiny hand or foot once in a while. And with the intensity that he starts moving with, I have a feeling he's going to be my "sprited" child!!!
I'll leave you with a picture of baby boy. We spent the last (relaxed!!) few minutes of our ultrasound watching him attempt over and over to put his little thumb in his mouth. I think he was a bit frustrated! Cannot wait to meet him!!!


Halfway to meeting our baby boy!

1 comment:

  1. So excited! Life with two boys is crazy! I loved it though....some days it has mellowed a little with Hailey. I can't imagine the anxiety for you to see that everything is in working order. Hopefully now you can spend the remainder of your pregnancy less stressful and just enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete