Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Our New Adventure

On Friday, August 31st, the littlest Momnie made his debut - Brady Charles Momnie!  His arrival was long awaited (a week past his due date), but the wait was well worth it! 


Brady was born at 8:22am, tipping the scales at 9lbs 6 oz and 21 inches (yes, my little body produced a 9 1/2 pound baby!!!) - alert, healthy, and strong.  The labor and delivery were fairly quick and very calm.  Our delivery room had a long row of windows along the side, and there was a really nice pink sunrise as he was delivered.  It was the perfect way to welcome our little guy!


And man, is he beautiful!  He was born with a full head of jet-black hair, that's perfectly even in the front, and has a nice little "rat-tail" in the back...apparently he had lots of time to perfect his hair style in there!  His eyes are dark blue, and have the same shape as his Daddy's.  (The nurse in the hospital told me at least 5 times how beautiful Brady's eyes were, because they looked just like Eric's!)  In contrast to his black hair though, he has nearly blond eyebrows and eyelashes, so I'm excited to see what his final hair color becomes.  Some of my favorite features are the ones he shares with Ty...the button nose, the perfectly shaped lips, and the small little ears.  We can't get over how much alike our two boys looked when they were born!  I may be biased, but we make some pretty good-looking kids! :) 

He loved his first bath! :)

Proud Daddy meeting his second son!
I could snuggle like this all day!

An hour or so after Brady arrived, big brother Ty got to meet his new sibling, and we were officially a family of four!  Ty was very interested in the "baby", a word that he loves to sign, and was very excited to kiss him and "do nice" to his hair.  It was a sweet moment introducing them to eachother! 

First family photo!

After a 3-night extended hospital stay for jaundice (something all of my babies will likely experience to some degree, due to my blood type), Brady finally came home on Monday, September 3rd.  After getting an early-morning "okay" from the pediatrician to be discharged, Daddy and Ty came to pick us up at the hospital to start our new adventure at home.  I have to say, there's something a little surreal about just walking out of the hospital with one more person than you arrived with!  Brady sat quietly in the backseat all the way home, while Ty played him Elmo songs on his Elmo doll...so sweet!


Brady's phototherapy "electric bed" for jaundice
...the light comes up from underneath!  He had a nice blue glow!
Homecoming day! 

Overall, this first week at home has gone pretty well!  We're still trying to fall into a daily routine, but I think we'll be doing that for a while!  Ty has been great with all of the changes in his life, and his little face just lights up when he notices Brady in the room.  This morning I caught him sneaking into the living room where Brady was napping in his swing, look around to see if we were watching, walk over to the swing and gently pat Brady's legs.  It was a very sweet (albiet sneaky!) moment to watch.

Ty loves to snuggle with him...

...and gave him his first wet-willy!  And so it begins!

As for Brady, he seems to be adjusting well to life outside his cramped quarters!  He has been wonderful at night, generally only waking twice a night to eat, so I have had a chance to get some rest (though putting that in writing, chances are good I'm going to jinx it!).  Some days have been fussier than others, but I'm hopeful we'll find our balance eventually!

He loves the "whoozit" as much as Ty did!

He's a keeper!

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support in welcoming our new little guy!  All of your calls, texts, emails, cards, and visits have been much appreciated!  We look forward to introducing him to all of you!

As you may have noticed, the title of our blog has been changed to "The Adventures of Ty and Brady"...I can only imagine the mischief the two will create in the years to come! :)  Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE! Just awesome that Brady is finally here and you are adusting so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, so cute. Makes me want another baby lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I love this post!! Brady is precious and I love that little Ty loves him so much already. They'll be great friends for sure. You guys really do make adorable little boys!! I still can't believe your tiny body carried a 9 lb. baby, though. You're amazing! :) Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete