So, October is Down Syndrome Awareness Month. All over the country buddy walks and other events are taking place to raise awareness of Down Syndrome. I have decided to participate by taking the "31 for 21 Challenge"! The goal is to write one blog post every day in the month of October (31 days), in honor of the extra 21st chromosome that causes Down Syndrome. Hundreds of bloggers are participating, with the goal of raising awareness and appreciation of Down Syndrome, and to offer a glimpse into the lives of those who love someone with it.
Honestly, I wasn't sure if I would have the time or creativity to write every day, but my type-A self has planned it out in advance, so I promise to have something up every day. Anything for my Ty!!! My theme for the month will be, "What I Love About Being a DS Mom", focusing on all the little things I love about my boy, of course!
Happy Down Syndrome Awareness Month!!!
I love this idea! I love what you've written so far, and am excited to get to know more about your little boy and you!
ReplyDelete